For many people summers mean sunbathing and enjoying the warmth of the sun. It’s good, but too much exposure of your skin to sunrays can be a bad move. Overexposure to sunlight depletes oil that is naturally found in skin. The sun’s heat ends up drying your skin out, blemishing it or burning it.
Common Skin Problems Due to Overexposure
Here some of the common problems people face due to overexposure of skin to sun:
- Dryness: Sun dries up lubricating oils of your skin due to which your skin loses moisture making it look flaky and wrinkled.
- Sunburn: The direct contact of sun’s UV rays to your skin causes your skin to get injured. Sunburn can get worse than just mild redness of your skin. It might result in fluid filled blisters also.
- Actinic Keratosis: This is also a skin injury causing the patches of your skin to appear like sandpaper. Your skin develops scaly appearance and gets a light pink, red or yellowish tint. This injury doesn’t go away unless treated chemically.
This doesn’t mean you can’t get the tan on the sunny days. There are ways in which you can protect your skin from being harmed under the skin. If your skin is healthy and prepared for such exposure to sun then you’re good to go. Here are some effective medical spa treatments and facials that will nourish your skin and prepare it for getting exposed to sun in the upcoming summers.
Some Effective Med Spa Treatments
- Vitamin C Facial: This is one of the best nature’s antioxidant. Vitamin C facial repairs and prevents the damaged skin. Vitamin C maintains elasticity of your skin and also helps produce more collagen that keeps your skin bright and moisturized.
- Deep Cleansing Facial: This facial is for all types of skin and cleanses it on a deeper level. Deep cleansing facial sheds your dry and tired skin cells off. A steam massage is also involved in this facial which is perfect for giving your face a fresh start.
- Micro-needling with PRP: This is best for preventing your skin from hyper-pigmentation, sun damage and from uneven texture. The best thing about it is that the treatment can be done on your entire body, and it’s suitable for all skin types.
- iS Clinical Exfoliating Clear Skin Facial: This is an advanced treatment that gently exfoliates the dry skin cells that are more prone to getting injured in sun. It leaves your skin with a soothing touch and rejuvenates its natural lubricating oils to keep it moisturized.
- iS Clinical Honey Enzyme Facial: This is a perfect hydrating facial that enhances the softness of your skin, maintains the glow of it and its honey enzyme protects the skin from any environmental damage.
Make an Appointment
These treatments will help you to protect your skin from the damaging effects of sunrays. Make an appointment at the following addresses to visit our medical spa and have your body and face prepped up for the coming summer and sunbaths.
- Uptown area of Dallas (2222 McKinney Ave, Dallas, TX, 75201)
- Preston Center near Highland Park and University Park and Preston Hollow (6110 Luther Ln, Dallas, TX, 75225)