Scars that result from an injury, infection, inflammation or a surgery differ in sizes and shapes and even colors. Some scars are not even noticeable as they become lighter in color with time, but some are noticeable, and sometimes they turn into keloids – a big prominent scar that you need to get rid of. There are numerous treatments which can remove the scars from skin, but laser scar reducing is the most effective and widely performed med spa treatment.
Why Choose Laser Scar Reduction Treatment?
The only way to reduce scars to their minimum color and sometimes even make them disappear is laser scar reduction treatment. The effect of this treatment depends on the nature of the scar, but a high powered laser used by dermatologists usually manages to remove your skin’s epidermis that has been bruised. At the same time, laser also penetrates to the deep layers of your skin in order to tighten it and smoothen it.
How Does the Treatment Work?
The entire treatment takes about an hour or two to be completed and is performed with a local anesthesia. The device used in the treatment resembles a handheld wand that is run over the scarred area of the skin. This laser device removes the damaged skin cells with each wave. At the same time the micro-fine laser penetrates to the inner surfaces of your skin to restore its supportive structure. Once the treatment has been done, the natural healing process begins; shedding the old skin and replacing it with new skin, fresh elastin and collagen. All in all, the treatment is almost painless and requires no time for recovery.
Choice of Laser
There’s a variety of lasers that are being used today to remove scars from skin. There are carbon dioxide lasers, argon lasers and several others. For the best results to surface, the choice to use a particular type of laser depends on the type of scar that needs to be removed. The type of scar depends on its color, texture and its morphology. There are three known types of scars.
- Hypertrophic scars are elevated and firm scars that result out of improper healing.
- Keloid scars are dark red or purple colored scars and are firmer than hypertrophic scars.
- Atrophic scars are actually skin depressions caused by collagen breakdown due to inflammatory scarring.
Benefits of Laser Scar Reduction
- Effective, quick and causes minimal discomfort
- No recovery period
- Causes less damage to tissues than traditional surgical procedures
- Side effects like minor swelling and temporary redness
- Improves the appearance of the most noticeable scars by 70%
Make an Appointment
Scars not only remind people of traumatic experiences, but also affect their confidence. But it doesn’t have to be this way. Make an appointment to visit our medical spa to get more information about the laser scar reduction treatment and the type of laser that’ll remove your scars the best.
- Uptown area of Dallas (2222 McKinney Ave, Dallas, TX, 75201)
- Preston Center near Highland Park and University Park and Preston Hollow (6110 Luther Ln, Dallas, TX, 75225)